Over here at Budgets are Sexy , folks are talking about moving to smaller banks.
As a former Bank Of America customer, I guess I’m a part of this movement. Why did I move from a bank with ATMs on every corner to a local upstart bank (Plug:Cardinal Bank). Well…
1) They treated me like a human being
2) They absolutely decimated Bank of America’s Home Equity Loan Interest Rate offer (8.75% vs. 6.74% at the time)
3) After our addition that #2 funded (which you can read about at GetRichSlowly.Org) they worked with us to refinance at an insanely low fixed rate .
4) They’re branches are not as busy, so I get better service.
5) And my money is just as safe with Cardinal as with BNA due to FDIC regs.
ATM access really isn’t a big deal if you plan well enough in advance, anyways.
So, to J Money, I say, try out your local bank